C7, Conjunctions

Conjunctions - We use conjunctions to join two parts of sentences. Conjunctions can be used to give more or unexpected information, results, options and reasons.




so, because, and, but, although, yet


Examples :

1. and (We use and to add items to a list)

  1. Ram and Shyam are twin brothers.
  2. My father and I go to the park.
  3. Alisha is both sister and friend to me.
  4. He bought apples, grapes and bananas.

2  although ( We use although to contrast ideas or to make the main statement surprising .)

  1. Although Rajan did not win the race, yet he was happy.
  2. Although it was raining, yet I went to school.
  3. Although he was ill, he went to school.
  4. Although he is my friend,  he doesn't like me.

3. because (We use because to tell reason/ cause)

  1. Raju is happy because he has stood first in the race.
  2. I went to the cinema because it was a holiday.
  3. She cried because she had hurt her knee.
  4. I am going to Chandigarh because I have a meeting there. 

4. but (We use but to show contrast)

  1. I am very hungry but the fridge is empty.
  2. He went to college but returned soon.
  3. He is nothing else but a fraud.
  4. He is a rich man, but a proud person. 

5. so (We use so to tell result or reason)

  1. It was raining so I did not go to school.
  2. As you sow, so shall you reap.
  3. It was raining heavily, so I took an umbrella.
  4. It was a long journey, so I am really tired.

6. yet (We use yet to show contrast/ what has been just said. )
  1. It felt strange and yet so wonderful to ski in the summer. 
  2. The weather was cold, yet bright and sunny. 
  3. Her advice seems strange, yet I believe she is right.
  4. He has a good job, yet he never seems to have any money.


📌 Enjoy Meeting with Conjunctions Family :




✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️


Activity # 5, Page # 16
 [Complete the sentences given below with 'so' or 'because'.]

  1. My dog was hungry so it stole biscuits from the shelf.
  2. I am feeling sleepy because I am very tired.
  3. Babli bought new clothes because she wanted to wear them on Diwali.
  4. It was raining so my books got wet.
  5. He did not study hard so he failed the test.
  6. I asked for directions because I was lost.
  7. I did not clean the room so it became dirty.
  8. I met with an accident because I was driving fast.
  9. Deepa went to the doctor because she was feeling sick.
  10. Mohan did not help sohan because he was not well.

✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

Activity # 6, Page # 17

 [Combine the sentences given below with 'although' and 'yet'.]


1. My dog was hungry . It didn't eat biscuits.
Ans. Although my dog was hungry , yet it didn't eat biscuits.


2. He is very sleepy. He is watching a movie.
Ans.  Although he is very sleepy, yet he is watching a movie.


3. Babli wanted  to wear new clothes on Diwali. Babli did not buy them.
Ans. Although Babli wanted to wear new clothes on Diwali, yet Babli did not buy them.


4. It was raining. I didn't take an umbrella.
Ans. Although it was raining, yet I didn't take an umbrella.


5. He did not study hard. He passed the test.
Ans. Although he did not study hard, yet he passed the test.


6. I was lost. I didn't ask for directions.
Ans. Although I was lost, yet I didn't ask for directions.


7. My room was dirty. I didn't clean the room.
Ans. Although my room was dirty, yet I didn't clean the room.


8. I was will. I didn't go to the doctor.
Ans. Although I was will, yet I didn't go to the doctor.


9. Mohan and Sohan were friends. Mohan did not help Sohan.
Ans. Although Mohan and Sohan were friends, yet Mohan did not help Sohan.


10. I went to the market. I didn't buy anything. 
Ans. Although I went to the market, yet I didn't buy anything. 



Happy learning!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for showing trust and visiting this site. If you have any queries and doubts regarding this topic, do ask it in the comment box or contact 94179 02323. We would definitely reply.
Follow us for regular updates.

NOTE: KINDLY DON'T USE ANY CONTENT WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Popular Posts

L1 || Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 1 Students

English Holidays H.W., 2024 | C6 to C8

C9 Holidays H.W.|| May- June 2024

Reading Comprehension along with the Answer Keys

Mission Samrath | My Reading Buddy || Solved Exercises & Stories with Comprehension

L2 | Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 2 Students

Worksheet # 1 for All | Grammar/ Determiners || Holidays H.W.

C10 Holidays H.W. || May- June 2024

Story with Comprehension along with the Answer Key