Words - Meanings & Sentences, Class 6

 Words - Meanings & Sentences


Chapter # 1: The Farmhouse Cows 

  1. appreciate : admire ; ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ੰਸਾ ਕਰਨਾ - I appreciate your efforts. 
  2. loaf : a portion of bread baked in a mass ; ਬ੍ਰੇਡ ਦਾ ਇੱਕ ਹਿੱਸਾ ਜੋ ਇੱਕ ਪੁੰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਕਾਇਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ-  My father bought a loaf of bread.
  3. lump: chunk, heap : ਗੰਢ - She ate a lump of cheese.
  4. creature: a living being ; ਜੀਵ - Don't harm any creature.
  5. moving : that moves : ਚਲਣਾ - A colony of rabbits were moving.
  6. cheese : a type of food made from milk ; ਪਨੀਰ- We like to eat cheese.
  7. delicious : tasty; ਸੁਆਦ - My mother cooks delicious food.
  8. underneath- under/ beneath ; ਹੇਠਾ - He hid the envelope underneath his coat.

Chapter # 2: My Furry Friend 

  1. tummy - belly; ਪੇਟ- He has a fat tummy. 
  2. nibbles : eats something by taking small bites ; ਕੁਤਰਨਾ - He nibbles like a mouse. 
  3. tear down : make pieces ; ਫਾੜਨਾ - He tears down my notebook.
  4. conversation : talk ; ਗੱਲਬਾਤ- I had a long conversation with my parents.
  5. quick on feet: fast and active ; ਫੁਰਤੀਲਾ - Always be quick on your feet 
  6. fuss : to be worried/ noise; ਚਿੰਤਤ ਹੋਣਾ/ ਸ਼ੋਰ-ਸ਼ਰਾਬਾ - Stop fussing.
  7. growls: barks loudly ; ਗੁੱਰਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ- My dog growls loudly at night.
  8. frown : stare in an angry way; ਤਿਊੜੀ - Don't frown at me.
  9. treat : something special (food):ਕੁਝ ਖਾਸ ਜਾਂ ਅਨੰਦਦਾਇਕ ਭੋਜਨ - My friends gave me a treat yesterday.

Chapter # 3: The Lake of the Moon 

  1. majestic: grand ; ਸ਼ਾਨਦਾਰ - The Taj Mahal is a majestic building. 
  2. tusker: an elephant with well-developed tusks; ਚੰਗੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿਕਸਿਤ ਦੰਦਾਂ ਵਾਲਾ ਹਾਥੀ- We saw a tusker in the zoo.
  3. severe : acute ; ਗੰਭੀਰ - I have a severe pain in my neck.
  4. drought: a long period without rain; ਸੋਕਾ - The drought causes a harm to the crops.
  5. prevent: check ; ਰੋਕਣਾ - Prevent them from going there.
  6. messenger: message-bearer ; ਸੰਦੇਸ਼ਵਾਹਕ - I am a messenger from mighty moon.
  7. reflect : cast back; ਪਰਾਵਰਤਿਤ -Water reflects light.
  8. protection: defence; ਸੁਰੱਖਿਆ - You are under the protection of your parents. 
  9. disturb : upset ; ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ - Don't disturb me.
  10. to and fro: here and there ; ਇਧਰ-ਉਧਰ - The swing was moving to and fro.


Learn and write. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for showing trust and visiting this site. If you have any queries and doubts regarding this topic, do ask it in the comment box or contact 94179 02323. We would definitely reply.
Follow us for regular updates.

NOTE: KINDLY DON'T USE ANY CONTENT WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Popular Posts

L1 || Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 1 Students

English Holidays H.W., 2024 | C6 to C8

C9 Holidays H.W.|| May- June 2024

Reading Comprehension along with the Answer Keys

Mission Samrath | My Reading Buddy || Solved Exercises & Stories with Comprehension

L2 | Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 2 Students

Worksheet # 1 for All | Grammar/ Determiners || Holidays H.W.

Story with Comprehension along with the Answer Key

C10 Holidays H.W. || May- June 2024