Cl 8 / Words and their Meanings & Sentences



Words - Meanings & Sentences  from Chapters 

( 3 + 3 = 6 marks)


Words- Meanings 







Chapter # 1: Value of Money 



Value of Money


Sentences:

  1. processor : I can use a word processor. 
  2. intrigued  : I was intrigued by her intellect.
  3. review : Let us review this book.
  4. feature : My mobile has many nice features.
  5. ultimate :Perfection should be our ultimate goal. 
  6. limitations: My laptop has certain limitations. 
  7. consumeristBe a good consumerist. 
  8. obsessed: He's obsessed with television. 
  9. storage : There is a lot of storage in the attic
  10. investing: Investing all the money in business isn't a good idea.







Chapter # 2: The Earth Needs You (Poem)


The Earth Needs You


  1. single-use : Avoid the use of single-use plastic. 
  2. lasts : Good deed lasts forever. 
  3. forever: I will forever be grateful to God.
  4. oceans: There are five oceans in the world. 
  5. tangles: Heena always tangles her golden hair.  
  6. travel : I like to travel by train.





  Chapter # 3: The Aged Mother     


The Aged Mother




Sentences:  

  1. despotic:  The Governor was a despotic leader.  
  2. humble: Always be humble and kind.
  3. suggestiveI read a suggestive book about it.
  4. reckless: Ramanpreet was a reckless driver.
  5. failingPride is a terrible failing.
  6. snapped: The strings of my guitar were snapped by me.
  7. prompted: He prompted me to visit the book fair.
  8. hastened: We hastened back to home.
  9. barbarous: Leaving the aged alone is a barbarous act.
  10. blaze : The sudden blaze blinded him.
  11. abandoning: Abandoning the old car was a good idea.
  12. abolishedThe dowry system should be abolished. 
  13. widowed: Her widowed mother lives a peaceful life.
  14. frailty: Physical frailty can never stop her from working hard.


Chapter# 4 : Saint Ravidas 


Saint Ravidas


Sentences:

  1. decay = The body had begun to decay
  2. disciple = He was a disciple of Swami Ramanand. 
  3. distinction = There is a clear distinction between good and evil thoughts. 
  4. essenceFreedom is the essence of democracy. 
  5. eternal = He longed for eternal truth.
  6. impression = The first impression is the last impression. 
  7. meditateWe must meditate daily. 
  8. plight = I was too moved to speak when I saw his plight. 
  9. sermons = The saint was giving a sermon.
  10. stress =He is under a lot of stress.


Chapter# 5 : Don't Quit 

Don't Quit






Chapter# 6 : The Old Sage and the Brothers 


The Old Sage and the Brothers




Sentences:

1. acquiring- I was acquiring all the books I required.

2. approached- The beggar approached me for money.

3. annoyed - His mean behaviour annoyed me.

4. delighted- I was delighted to see the blooming flowers.

5. deny - He denied me food.

6. granted - My teacher granted me leave for two days.

7. journey- Wish you a happy and safe journey !

8. poultry- I went to a Poultry Farm yesterday. 

9. snatched- His father snatched his mobile. 

10. summoned- The jury summoned the burglar to the court.



 Chapter# 7 : Punjab- A Glimpse 


Punjab- A Glimpse


Sentences- 

1. brutal: The weather is brutal- cold and humid.

2. decoration : The house is in need of decoration. 

3. escape : The prisoners have escaped. 

4. melodious- I heard the melodious strains of Gurbani.

5. partition : India was partitioned in 1947.

6. pilgrimage: His father took him on a pilgrimage to Haridwar. 

7. precious: I have spent many precious moments with my family. 

8. procession : He came out of his house to see the procession. 

9. recognize : My grandmother could not recognize me.

10. zest : Let's study with more zest and zeal.


Chapter# 8 : We Who Love Books 



Chapter# 9 : Charge of Love

  1. signboard: ਸੂਚਨਾ ਪੱਟੀ  - I have made a signboard for my shop.
  2. advertise : ਇਸ਼ਤਿਹਾਰ ਦੇਣਾ - The  Shop Owner advertised for a salesman.
  3. intention: ਉਦੇਸ਼- My intention was not to hurt you.
  4. set about : ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰਨਾ - She set about making a fire after putting up the tent.
  5. sweat : ਪਸੀਨਾ - He wiped off his sweat.
  6. handful : ਮੁੱਠੀ ਭਰ - Give me a handful of peanuts.
  7. delight: ਖੁਸ਼ੀ - My granny was delighted to see me.
  8. stirring: ਹਲਚਾਲ - Something was a stirring inside the house.
  9. hobbling: ਲੰਗੜਾਉਣਾ - The puppy was hobbling. 
  10. twisted : ਮੁੜਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ - I have got a twisted tree trunk.


 Chapter# 10 : Safety while Driving 

  1. mischief: ਸ਼ਰਾਰਤ - He thought of a mischief. 
  2. itinerary: ਯਾਤਰਾ ਯੋਜਨਾ - They were preparing an itinerary.
  3. sneak : ਛਿਪ ਕੇ ਨਿਕਲਣਾ - They sneaked out of the house with some money.
  4. reverse: ਉਲਟਾ - She left the car in reverse.
  5. mechanism: ਕਾਰ ਤੰਤਰ - Our car has an automatic locking mechanism. 
  6. impound: ਜਬਤ ਕਰਨਾ- The police impounded the car.
  7. counsel : ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇਣਾ - Your mother was counseling your younger brother. 
  8. blunder : ਭਿਆਨਕ ਗ਼ਲਤੀ - You have committed a blunder. 
  9. reflexes: ਪ੍ਰਤੀਕਿਰਿਆ - All they need to know about the reflexes of their parents.

Chapter# 11 : My Dear Soldiers



Chapter# 12 : Marco Polo

  1. merchant: ਵਪਾਰੀ- The Merchant of Venice is a good story. 
  2. adventurous: ਸਾਹਸੀ - He is too adventurous to say.
  3. explorer: ਖੋਜੀ - She is a brave explorer. 
  4. caravan : ਕਾਫ਼ਲਾ - A gypsy caravan lost its way in the forest.
  5. fascinated: ਆਕਰਸ਼ਿਤ ਹੋਇਆ - He was fascinated by the bushes. 
  6. grandness : ਸ਼ਾਨਦਾਰ - I was struck by the grandness of my school. 
  7. luxury : ਵਿਲਾਸਤਾ - He was not leading a life of luxury. 
  8. spy : ਜਸੂਸ - He was caught spying on the sites.
  9. translated: ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕੀਤਾ - It was translated into many languages. 
  10. inspired : ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵਿਤ ਕੀਤਾ - My parents inspired  me to work hard. 



Chapter # 13 : Smashing the Glass Ceiling 
  1. arthritis: ਗਠੀਏ: I am suffering from arthritis .
  2. charitable: ਉਦਾਰਤਾ ਨਾਲ ਸਬੰਧਤ : She works in a charitable agency. 
  3. foreign: ਵਿਦੇਸ਼ੀ: He didn't visit any foreign country. 
  4. hugged : ਗਲੇ ਲਗਾਉਣਾ: She hugged her mother tightly. 
  5. inspiration: ਪ੍ਰੇਰਨਾ : You are a source of inspiration. 
  6. memories: ਯਾਦਾਂ : Let's share our good memories. 
  7. opportunity: ਮੌਕਾ : Opportunity never knocks twice.
  8. promote : ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕਰੋ: Let's promote good relations between communities. 
  9. role-model : ਪ੍ਰੇਰਣਾ ਦਾ ਸ੍ਰੋਤ : My father is my role- model.
  10. skills : ਹੁਨਰ : I have learnt computer skills.
  11. smashing : ਜੋ ਭੰਨਦਾ ਹੈ: ਕੁਚਲਣਾ - Smashing the glass ceiling is the need of the hour.
  12. sole : ਸਿਰਫ ; ਸਿਰਫ ਇੱਕ ਵਿਅਕਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਸਬੰਧਤ; ਸਾਂਝਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ: Her mother is her sole support. 
  13. qualification :  ਯੋਗਤਾ : Do you have any teaching qualifications?
  14. regret : ਅਫਸੋਸ: He has regrets about his illiteracy. 


Keep learning new words!





☆●☆●☆ Join our WhatsApp Community group to stay updated [Save my number to view the links] @


□■□ Get Model Test Paper, Session 2022-23 for practice@


○●○●○ Get Syllabus, Session 2023-24 @


°•°•° Get Structure , Session 2022-23 


Stay connected to stay advanced

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for showing trust and visiting this site. If you have any queries and doubts regarding this topic, do ask it in the comment box or contact 94179 02323. We would definitely reply.
Follow us for regular updates.

NOTE: KINDLY DON'T USE ANY CONTENT WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Popular Posts

L1 || Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 1 Students

English Holidays H.W., 2024 | C6 to C8

C9 Holidays H.W.|| May- June 2024

Reading Comprehension along with the Answer Keys

Mission Samrath | My Reading Buddy || Solved Exercises & Stories with Comprehension

L2 | Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 2 Students

Worksheet # 1 for All | Grammar/ Determiners || Holidays H.W.

Story with Comprehension along with the Answer Key

C10 Holidays H.W. || May- June 2024