C8/Letter Writing

LETTER WRITING 








✍ a) Page no. 28

Write a letter to your friend informing him about your brother's marriage and inviting him .


24 The Mall Road

Bathinda


May 3, 2023 


Dear Jasleen 


I am extremely happy to inform you that my brother is getting married on August 16, 2022. This function will start from August 10. I would like you to attend all the functions with your parents. You all must come. I have asked my father to book two rooms for you. I will send you the card soon.


See you on August 10.


Yours affectionately

Acme



✍ b) Page no. 28

Write a letter to your friend telling him why it is important to stop using single-use plastic.


24 The Mall Road

Bathinda


May 3, 2023


Dear Khushboo 


I am in the pink of health. What about you? Today I am writing to tell you why it is important to stop using single-use plastic. 


Nowadays the use of single-use plastic is in trend. It is being used everyday on many occasions. Its use is being increased day by day which is a matter of concern. 


It is non -biodegradable. It is  harmful for our earth and its habitats. As it can be found everywhere, stray animals often eat it up and die. It chokes drainage, and pollutes soil , water and air.


Some hasty and strict actions are required: The Government should ban its production. Its use at public functions should be little. Some awareness campaigns can be run. 


I hope you would strongly agree with me.


Write to me soon.


Yours affectionately

Acme



c) Page No. 80

Write an application to your principal asking him for exemption from examination.


The Principal 

G.G.S.S. Goniana Mandi 

Bathinda


Sir


I am a student of Class VIII A of your school. Our bimonthly exams are starting from August 1, 2022. Sir, I always stand first in all the exams. My sister's wedding is falling on August 5, 2022. As I am the only helping hand of my father, I can't take the exam this time. I request you to exempt me from the examination. I shall be very thankful to you.



Yours obediently 

Acme Mittal 

Roll No. 1, VIII A

May 3, 2023



d) Page no. 81 

Write an application to your principal asking him for a School Leaving Certificate.


The Principal 

G.G.S.S. Goniana Mandi 

Bathinda


Sir


I am a student of Class VIII A of your school. My father has been transferred to Ludhiana. He has to join his duty there within 3 days. All the members of my family are leaving tomorrow. I am sorry to leave this esteemed institution.


I have paid all the dues. Kindly issue me a school leaving certificate. I shall be very thankful to you.


Yours obediently 

Bhawna

Roll No. 1, VIII A

May 3, 2023


☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆


Page no. 147 & 148


e) Write a letter to your younger brother congratulating him on his brilliant success.



A 204 Rishi Apartments

Sector 70

SAS Nagar


May 3, 2023


Dear Jaismeen 


Heartiest congratulations on achieving brilliant success in your board examinations! I just came to know about it and I'm overjoyed.  I hope you are also on cloud nine . Your brilliant success is the result of your hard work,  dedication and will power.  I'm really proud of you.  Your parents must be delighted. I wish you a lot of success in your future too.



See you soon.


Yours affectionately 

Anjali



●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□●●●□□□


f) Write a letter to your friend telling him all about the animal/ bird. Tell him why human beings should try to protect birds and animals from getting hunted by poachers. 



A 204 Rishi Apartments

Sector 70

SAS Nagar


May 3, 2023


Dear Simran 


Nature around us is surrounded by various birds and animals. They are found in different colours, sizes and food habits. They add beauty as well as grace to our earth. We can not live longer without them.


Alas! Some human beings love poaching. They hunt them to get their skin , scent or teeth for the sake of money. Killing of these animals is a punishable offence. It must be stopped.  Otherwise our planet would become a poor and pitiable place to live in.



Rest in the next letter.



Yours affectionately 

Jaswinder 


☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

Page no. 186

g) Write a letter to your friend telling him/her about what steps you are taking to stay safe from COVID-19. 


24 The Mall Road

Bathinda


May 3, 2023 


Dear Amanat


We are going to  pass through a great havoc, COVID-19. We need to remain cautious all the time. To save myself and my family, I have to take certain steps. 


I will not step out of my house without any cause. In case I need to go outside, I would wear a face mask and maintain social distance. I would avoid hand shakes. 


You, too, must follow all these steps to avoid it.



Rest in the next letter.



Yours affectionately 

Jashandeep 



☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆


h) Write a letter to your father informing him about the school trip to the Science museum. 


24 The Mall Road

Bathinda


May 3, 2023 


Dear Father 


Our school is going on a trip to the Science Museum in Amritsar. Our Science teacher will accompany us. I am also interested to be a part of this trip. I need to submit Rs. 1000 by January 15, 2023. Kindly deposit the above mentioned amount in the School Bank Account. The account number and the name of the bank is the same in which you deposit my school fee.



Yours affectionately 

Pawandeep 



☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆



i) Write a letter to your cousin to tell him about the new mobile phone that you are going to buy.



24 The Mall Road

Bathinda


May 3, 2023 


Dear Kanika


My phone was lost yesterday. I have made up my mind to purchase a new mobile phone with a battery life of 7000mAh. It is the latest model of Samsung Galaxy series. Its RAM has expanded memory and has a triple camera. 


Hope you like it.


Yours affectionately 

Anjali 



☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

Page no. 173

j) Write an application to your Principal requesting him to remit your fine



The Principal 

G.G.S.S. Goniana Mandi 

Bathinda


Sir


I am a student of Class VIII A of your school. I could not attend the school yesterday as our van driver wasn't available. But I was fined Rs 20 for remaining absent from the school for a day. 


Kindly remit my fine. I shall be very thankful to you.


Yours obediently 

Lovepreet Kaur

Roll No. 1, VIII A

May 3, 2023



☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

Page no. 173


k) Your friend, Manpreet Kaur, is fond of reading books. Write a letter inviting her to a book fair which is going to be held In your city in December. You are Hardeep Singh, living at 1809, Sector- 36 D, Chandigarh 



1809, Sector- 36 D

 Chandigarh 


December 2, 2023


Dear Manpreet 



I know you are fond of reading books. You will be pleased to know that a book fair is going to be held In Chandigarh on December 9. We will have a holiday on that day. Let's make a plan to visit there and purchase some good books.


Hope you would like to accompany me.


Yours affectionately 

Hardeep 



☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

Page no. 174



l) You are Harnoor, living at A- 29, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar. Write a letter to your aunt thanking her for the laptop she has gifted you.


A- 29, Ranjit Avenue                       Amritsar

January 3, 2024

Dear Aunt

Yesterday was my birthday. I received a laptop that was gifted by you. I got many gifts but yours was the best one.

This laptop would help me remain up-to-date. It is portable. I will be able to do many productive tasks. I am blessed to have it. After all, it is a token of your love and concern for me. Thank you so much for sending this useful and beautiful gift.

With regards

Yours lovingly                                                  

Harnoor   


☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

  • Page no. 185





Letters






Composition:


1. *Paragraph Writing* : 

https://rejuvenatingenglishworld.blogspot.com/2022/11/writing-part-class-8.html


2. *Letter Writing:* 

https://rejuvenatingenglishworld.blogspot.com/2023/05/c8letter-writing.html


3. *Story Writing:* 

https://rejuvenatingenglishworld.blogspot.com/2023/05/c8-story-writing.html


4. *Notice Writing:* 

https://rejuvenatingenglishworld.blogspot.com/2022/12/notice-writing-class-8.html


5. *Structure of Question Paper, 2023-24*

https://rejuvenatingenglishworld.blogspot.com/2024/01/Stare.html






Write and learn well.




Join us for more material @ 

https://t.me/MyEnglishWorld2015


☆☆☆☆ Join our WhatsApp  Community group to get the next parts :  CLICK HERE



Join Handwriting Campaign @ https://rejuvenatingenglishworld.blogspot.com/2023/04/handwriting-campaign-2023.html

Comments

Popular Posts

L1 || Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 1 Students

English Holidays H.W., 2024 | C6 to C8

C9 Holidays H.W.|| May- June 2024

Reading Comprehension along with the Answer Keys

Mission Samrath | My Reading Buddy || Solved Exercises & Stories with Comprehension

L2 | Solved Holidays H.W. for Level 2 Students

Worksheet # 1 for All | Grammar/ Determiners || Holidays H.W.

Story with Comprehension along with the Answer Key

C10 Holidays H.W. || May- June 2024